Hi everyone. It’s been a few weeks since I wrote my last article. In this one, we are going to discuss about some of the most dangerous social problems that are rising among the Indian masses. The two major problems are:
- Alcoholism Abuse
- Drug Abuse
First, let us discuss about alcoholism. There are so many people who consume alcohol throughout the world. Well, it’s not a big deal if you consume alcohol regularly, but when you become vile and repulsive, that’s what the big deal actually is. ‘Alcoholism’ is a condition or to be more precise, it is a state in which a person becomes preoccupied with alcohol. This directly affects the cerebellum due to which people lose control and start acting obnoxiously and abuse other people. This is a major problem in India, mostly among the youths due to a number of reasons:
- It makes them look cool so that they get that swag when they drink.
- Peer pressure, which mostly comprise pressure from friends, seniors, coworkers and all.
- Children resemble parents: So it’s quite obvious that if parents consume alcohol in front of the children, there are high chances that they’ll do the same.
So, these are a few causes which need to be taken care of at the earliest.
The next problem is “Addiction to drugs”.
Addiction is something which is considered to be a kind of a mental disorder in which the person or the addict cannot live without that he/she is addicted to. Out of all the bad addictions out there, drug addiction is the worst, trust me. If there are a few chances that other bad addictions will kill a person, there is a much higher chance that drug addiction will kill that person. In India, this problem is more seen in youths than the elders.
Few of the reasons are:
- Unable to cope up with pressure. Here pressure comprises school/college/work pressure, family pressure and all. These drugs give a temporary satisfaction during which they do not actually feel the pressure.
- Getting inspired from the role models. It is also another way of making themselves look cool.
- Again if they see their parents doing the same, they might also end up getting addicted to drugs.
- Again there is the problem of peer pressure.
In the last few years, these problems have seriously risen up in India. Though there are many rehabilitation centers and places where people help these addicts, still the problem is rising everyday. Here are a few things which can be done in order to reduce these issues:
- The Government should take stern steps against those who are found doing drugs.
- Set up camps which will promote ‘an alcohol and drug free society.’
- Rehabilitation centers should be much more active while dealing with the addicts, so that they never get addicted again.
In this way, we can definitely bring a change in the society one day.
Thank you for reading.